You may contact each building's school nurse by dialing (518) 966-5070 and the respective extension listed below:

Please notice the recent change in Nurse placement, and be sure to send your paperwork to the right person for your school.

Karen Gardiner, RN
Erin Hoyt, RN
Elementary School: x320
Fax: (518) 966-5321

Sally Collins, RN
Deborah Theiss-Mackey, RN
Middle School/High School: x420
Fax: (518) 966-5338


NYS Education Department requires a physical examination including Body Mass Index and Weight Status Category for all new entrants and students entering 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th and 11th grades. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to schedule a physical with their own health care provider. Physical exams will be scheduled during the school year for those students not examined by their own health care provider.

Physicals for working papers are also available and typically conducted in the spring of each school year. Working papers may be picked up at the High School Main Office.


A physical is required each year prior to participation in a sport or practice. Sports physically typically occur in the spring of each school year. This examination is valid for one year, unless the student is absent for five consecutive days or has been injured. The NYS Education Department requires clearance for gym and sports following an injury. Clearance from your health care provider must be obtained before your child will be allowed to resume participation in the sport or physical education class.


February 24, 2016: New requirement for the Meningococcal vaccination for students entering Grades 7 and 12 beginning with the 2016-2017 school year. Learn more...

March 11, 2014: New regulations regarding immunizations.


For information on Scoliosis, Vision and Hearing Screenings and Dental Health Certificates, click here


All medications, including over the counter drugs and inhalers are subject to New York State Education Department guidelines. Written permission from the health care provider and parent/guardian signature are necessary for your child to receive medication. Medication forms are available in the nurse's offices. Parents are advised to ask the pharmacist for an additional container to be used for medication administration in school.


If your child becomes ill at school, your child should report to the nurse's office. The nurse will conduct an assessment of your child's symptoms. The nurse will contact the appropriate person on the emergency card. Please notify the school nurse if your child is ill for three or more days, if he/she has an injury, contagious disease, or has been prescribed medication. It is also important to ensure that phone numbers and contact information are up to date in case of an emergency. Please notify the Registrar at extension 305 of any changes or updates to your contact information.