The Junior ‘g’ Award
The Greenville Central School awards an Honor Letter on the basis of points accumulated in various types of school activities. Students in grades six, seven and eight who are willing to work hard and put forth the extra effort may earn their Junior ‘g’.
The regulations governing these awards are as follows:
- The number of points which must be earned before an award may be approved is 27.
- If a student has earned the required 27 points and satisfactorily meets all the other requirements, the student may receive an award at the end of the seventh grade. If a student is unable to earn the necessary 27 points, the points earned during seventh grade will be carried over into eight grade.
- An individual pupil record of points earned shall be in the possession of the Middle School Advisor. Students are encouraged to review their records.
- If a pupil earns a letter and permits any person, other than himself or herself to display it in any manner, it is to be forfeited.
- All points, except those for scholarship, shall be awarded only on the recommendation of the teacher in charge of the activity.
- All points granted by teachers shall be reviewed, approved and certified by the Middle School Principal.
Listed below are some of the Greenville Middle School activities in which you can participate:
- Modified Track
- Modified Soccer
- Modified Baseball/Softball
- All County
- Junior FFA
- Honor/Merit Roll
- Modified Golf
- Modified Cross Country
- Modified Basketball
- Middle School Student Council
- National Junior Honor Society
- Middle School Yearbook